BLUE SALT GERROA
LUXURY ACCOMMODATION SOUTH COAST NSW
SPECTACULAR VIEWS OF OCEAN AND BEACH
Blue Salt Luxury Accommodation
Book through this website rather than through the overseas operators so that you are not charged commissions / service charges.
Welcome to Blue Salt, a beautiful Gerroa hideaway, gracing an enviable hillside position and encompassing a spectacular one hundred and eighty degrees of uninterrupted panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, the Seven Mile Beach and the Crooked River. Blue Salt is a luxurious beach and vacation house offering overnight accommodation in Gerroa, a quaint, hamlet like village which overlooks the famous Seven Mile Beach. Directly in front of and adjacent to the house the Seven Mile Beach, twelve and a half kilometres in length, is edged by pristine white sands and the National Park, a back drop of mountains and luscious green rural land all of which stretches out to two magnificent headlands, Beecroft Peninsula and Black Head. The tall, steep cliffs at Beecroft Peninsula and flashing lights from Point Perpendicular Lighthouse can be seen on the horizon from the house as can the iconic Mount Coolangatta. These magnificent water, mountain and rural scenes are all directly observable from the elevated decks and living areas of Blue Salt. The Gerroa beach house not only enjoys these panoramic views but it is located within a short walking distance of the Seven Mile Beach. The beach is largely untouched and natural and a place to escape to for relaxation and fun. In summer the beach is full of holiday makers, in winter it is remote, sparsely populated and hauntingly beautiful-a place of contemplation.
Blue Salt is a private, spacious and luxurious beach house in Gerroa offering accommodation for vacations, family gatherings, small conferences and small health retreats. It is contemporary and elegant in style, having versatile, multi-level living areas. Most rooms enjoy postcard views through a sixteen metre glass frontage, with sliding doors opening onto two large entertaining decks. A major feature of the house is the massive upstairs open plan living area and deck directly overlooking the Seven Mile Beach and with spectacular, panoramic views out to sea. In addition to the upstairs living space there is a second large living/lounge room at the entrance level with garden views and a double sofa which can be opened to a double bed, expanding the number of people that can stay at the property to ten. This room can be converted to a 5th bedroom if the sofa bed is required to be used as a bed. The sofa bed is only available if 9 or 10 guests are coming to the house. The cost of the extra 1 or 2 guests staying is $60 per person per night and this must be paid at the time of the booking. There are four bedrooms two of which are master bedrooms with queen sized beds, ensuites, built – in wardrobes, heaters, fans, balconies and water views. The third bedroom is next door to the second living room and a bathroom, has a queen sized bed, a fan, a heater and a bush setting and the fourth bedroom has two single beds, a fan, a book case full of books and water views.
Blue Salt is quiet, except for the sound of the waves and the native birds, and is designed to provide beach accommodation outside of a major city where holiday makers can escape the everyday stressors of life yet still enjoy the luxuries they are accustomed to. The beach house has a north-south aspect with the major living area and three bedrooms having water views facing south. This aspect and ocean breezes make the house cool in summer. The wood burner creates warmth and atmosphere in winter. The house is equipped for all seasons.
The house is set amongst trees and greenery. Rainforest Hill, a natural sub-tropical rainforest, can be viewed directly through the kitchen window. Sub-tropical vegetation appears near the house attracting a varied and colourful bird life. Incredibly colourful sunsets can be seen to the west behind Mount Coolangatta whilst you eat your evening meal at the deck table setting. You can also watch an electric storm that hits the coast with all it’s drama, sight migrating whales and dolphins or observe a lone surfer tackling the waves or a fisherman throwing a net from his boat in the early morning. Or you can simply watch the ocean and enjoy the sight and sound of the waves thrashing against the beach at any time of the day. So relaxing.
Gerroa is a very popular South Coast holiday destination at all times of the year, being only 2 hours driving time from Sydney CBD and 2 hours 45 mins driving time from Canberra. It is just 10 minutes south of the coastal and historic town of Kiama and just south of Gerringong. The beach house accommodation is privately managed by the owner for all rentals. The owner takes a vested interest in ensuring your accommodation needs are met and is available 24/7 to assist guests in whatever way they require.
Special Features of the House
A very special review written originally in French:
“Spectacular view of the beach and the ocean but also the river and beautiful vegetation, incredibly beautiful rooms, 2 huge balconies, 2 living rooms, 4 double (bed) rooms, really exceptional villa. The kind of dream house. Probably the most beautiful house in the area. Breathtaking view. ”
(Original)” Vue spectaculaire sur la plage et l’ocean mais aussi la rivière et une végétation magnifique, chambres incroyablement belles, 2 enormes balcons, 2 salons, 4 chambres doubles, vraiment villa d’exception. Le genre de maison de rêve. Probablement la plus belle maison de alentours. Vue a couper le souffle. Jenn March 2019”
Location and View
- Spectacular panoramic 180 degrees views of the coast, ocean, Seven Mile Beach, Crooked River, National Park, mountains and rural countryside.
- The Seven Mile Beach and Crooked River are within short walking distance.
- The house is in a central location in Gerroa. The Gerroa Boat Fisherman’s Club and the Blue Swimmer Restaurant and Café and the General Store are all within short walking distance. You can eat out and walk home.
- Sub-tropical vegetation appears near the house attracting a varied and colourful bird life.
- Beautiful sunsets seen from the living areas and deck.
House in general
- Extensive upper living area and deck with the magnificent panorama.
- Luxurious, contemporary and stylish house with open plan layout and three levels.
- The house is wide allowing all important living rooms –kitchen, dining and lounge to have direct water views.
- A north/south aspect makes the house cooler in our very hot summers. Sea breezes through the open plan house also reduce summer temperatures.
- The house is well equipped including all amenities as described in each room below.
- The house is tastefully decorated with homely touches such as framed prints of famous paintings, lots of framed photos of the area, canvas paintings, lots of sea shells collected in the area, decorative vases and bottles, old exotic Balinese front doors and large established indoor and balcony plants.
- All linen is provided for kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Wi Fi is provided.
Two Living Areas
- Massive upstairs open plan living space with lounge area, kitchen, dining area, and outdoor dining area with BBQ on the balcony. All spaces have panoramic views.
- Includes 60 inch Flat TV and DVD Player, Hi Fi Stereo, reverse cycle air conditioning, ceiling fans. Books, magazines and board games.
- A large wood burner which heats the whole of the house and supplies rustic charm.
- White gourmet kitchen with European gas cook top and large electric oven (SMEG), microwave oven (SMEG), dishwasher, refrigerator. The kitchen is well stocked with appliances including cooking pots and pans, Nespresso Coffee Machine (byo coffee pods). Coffee plungers, china, glasses, cutlery and all kitchen items you will require for a great holiday. Lots of cooking magazines and cook books.
- A second large living room with 60 inch Flat TV, DVD Player, reverse cycle air conditioning. Great as a separate children’s living room or for someone wishing to spend some time alone. It has a tropical garden outlook. A sofa bed is available in this room for an extra 1 or 2 guests beyond the standard house capacity of 8 guests. The extra 1 or 2 guests will cost $60 per person per night. If fewer than 8 guests are coming then the sofa bed will not be made available as a bed-it will remain as a lounge and will be pad locked. The cleaner is the only one who can assemble or disassemble the sofa bed-no guest can assemble the bed as the bed will be locked The room contains an old welsh dresser.
- A feature of the living areas is the polished spotted gum wooden floors. Jamie Drury rugs appear in both living rooms as well as a richly coloured Moroccan rug in the upper living area.
- A wide range of interesting books suitable for all ages.
- From here the panoramic views are at their best.
- A large gas BBQ, linked to house gas, not gas cylinders.
- A teak dining setting.
- Two balcony recliners and a side table.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Four bedrooms sleeping eight people in three queen sized beds and two single beds. The sofa bed in the 2nd living room can only be requested if an additional 1 or 2 people are coming beyond the standard 8 guests. An additional cost of $60 per person per night is charged for the extra guests. The living room with a door can then be considered to be a 5th bedroom if extra guests come.
- There are three bathrooms. Two are ensuites and the third is next door to a bedroom.
- Two bedrooms are master bedrooms with water views, queen sized beds, ensuite bathrooms, a balcony accessible from the bedroom through sliding glass doors, built-in wardrobes.
- The third bedroom has a queen sized bed, bathroom next door.
- The fourth bedroom has two single beds and water views.
- Quality cotton bed linen and towels are provided.
- There are summer and winter doonas and colourful woollen throws for all the beds.
- Fans in all bedrooms. All bedrooms are naturally well ventilated through opening sliding doors or windows. There is always plenty of air movement outside.
- Internal laundry, fully equipped with washing machine, dryer, ironing board and iron.
- Views of the Seven Mile Beach. Close to the beach with strong sounds of the waves thrashing.
- A private and quiet place, overlooking the tropical garden setting of the backyard.
- Two bedrooms access this balcony directly through sliding glass doors and there is a door off the central doorway.
- Off street parking for four cars.
- The garage can house two cars, one large car and one small car.
- The private driveway and parking bay has space for two more cars.
- Internal access from garage to house.
Features of the House in Summary
Iron and board
Towels & Linens provided
Location of Blue Salt and Gerroa
Gerroa, New South Wales,Australia